The famous Serengeti national park


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
July 4th 2014
Published: July 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

3 July: The Grumeti to Serengeti

Early start so we could go for a morning walk through the park area. We woke at 6 and our guides picked us up at 6:30. The walk was filled with interesting information about elephant poo. It is all grass as they have terrible digestive systems. There is the whistle Theron tree that when disturbed, ants come out of the balls that are on the branches of the tree and with the leaves eaten by giraffes and animals, the ants will go into their mouths and bite them. So the ants protect the trees and the ants have a place to stay so the tree protects the ants. We also saw a heard of elephants. They picked up our scent and started running away from us as they yelled out as well.

After the walk we went back to camp for a warm breakfast of eggs over easy and beans. We then packed up camp, relaxed and were off for a game drive at 11.

The drive was amazing. We saw 23 lions, two cheetahs (really the same one two different times, Once laying in the shade, the other looking around across the way), and two leopards. Was a fabulous day! Now we are making veggie curry and relaxing at our camp grounds. The shower was ice cold and water pressure non existence...oh well. Ready for a great dinner.

4 July: Serengeti to Ngorongoro

Morning have an early morning game drive in the Serengeti before heading to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. The morning drive brought babies...we saw amazing five lion cubs and two lionesses with the, amazing! We also got to see a tiny baby rhino that was out of the water with its mother and was following her right behind in her tail.

Ayer the game park, we started out drive to the Ngorongoro crater.

Tonight we are campus at the edge of the Crater and in the morning, a nice game drive through the crater. Also, since it is 4th of July, as us three Americans were cleaning up the truck that night, we had to sing a few American songs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 71, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb