5 Days/ 4 Nights - Snows of Kilimanjaro – Machame Route


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
March 30th 2013
Published: March 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mt. Kilimanjaro Machame Route by Amani Tours


5 Days/ 4 Nights Snows of Kilimanjaro – Machame Route




<strong style="font-size: 1.4rem;">Total Hiking Distance: About 100 km’s

This is probably the most beautiful route up Mount Kilimanjaro. The Machame Route, also referred to as the "Whiskey Route" is more a direct and shorter climb than the others. It is ideal if you only have 6 nights to spend on the mountain. All your equipment and supplies are portered and a cook prepares all your meals. Where accommodation on the Marangu route is in huts, the Machame route offers strictly tents only. This makes Machame better suited to the slightly more adventurous hiker, however rewarding him with a scenic splendor such as not seen on the Marangu route.

Day 1 - LEAVE/ MOSHI and drive to the entrance gate. The route start at Machame gate walking through thick forest until it eventually breaks into giant heath near Machame Hut Campsite at 10,000ft.

Day 2 - Ascend through heath and moorland to Shira Hut at 12,598ft. Overnight with fine views of KIBO's western breach and the wide Shira plateau.

Day 3 - Proceeding to Kibo peak, then turn southwards just before reaching the Lava outcrop beyond which the Lava tower Hut is located. Crossing several ridges and valleys you arrive at the lip of the great Barranco. Views from the campsite at Barranco Hut at 12,795ft.

Day 4 - Descend into the Gorge then climb its vertical Eastern wall, walk beneath Kibo's Southern ice field. Still going until the path descends into the shallow Karanga valley (Last water) CROSSING Lava ridge to the Barafu Hut 15,094ft.

Day 5 - You begin the summit climb in the frigid past midnight hours. Passing through boulder stwen ridge and gap between Rebman and Ratrel Glaciers to arrive at the rim, near Stella Point about midway between Gillman's Point and Uhuru. You then proceed to UHURU PEAK, at 19,340ft. From there you descend straight to Rau Campsite Via Barafu.

Day 6 - The descend from Rau camp continue to the gate. There you'll be picked up by car to Moshi or Arusha.

All Meals Included
End of Trip

For more information about our Mt. Kilimanjaro climbing routes please visit: www.Amani-Tours.com

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb