Blessings from St. Philip's on-the-hill and Family Farewell BBQ


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
June 20th 2011
Published: June 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Blessings from St. Philip’s on-the-hill

On Sunday, June 20th we received wonderful blessings at both the 8:15 and 10:30 church services. Father Kern encouraged parishioners to come forward and lay their hands on Jeannie and me as he prayed for our success, health, strength, courage and joy during our time in Tanzania. It was a wonderful show of support and affirms to us that God is leading our way. Having the support and prayers of our St. Philip’s family will be absolutely instrumental in boosting our strength and courage to face the challenges ahead. We love the gift of the Swahili Bible; it may even encourage us to learn the language.

Family Farewell BBQ

Later that afternoon we gathered in Whitby with family, some from Peterborough and Barrie, for a bon voyage BBQ and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day with a dip in the pool. It was a great excuse to have a family gathering and enjoy being together with loved ones that we won’t see for a while. As hard as it is to leave everyone behind and for them to see us go, we feel very loved and supported by all. They all want our mission to be a success and are looking forward to hearing about our work in Tanzania on our blog and seeing pictures of this strange country where we will be residing for the next year or so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb