Tancan 2013 Medical Mission


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » South » Songea
August 30th 2013
Published: November 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Friday, August 30th, 2013- Saturday, August 31st, 2013



On the road again…







Today we were on the road again from Iringa back to Dar Saleem airport. We stopped at an arts and crafts store on the way. I bought a lion painting, salad spoons and a jewellery box. Renata bought some jewellery. The whole Tancan 2013 team cleared out the store in one sweep. Then we were back on the road again to Dar Saleem airport. We may have missed our flight if we did not take a secret route to the airport to bypass the rush hour traffic. We were able to make our flight with time to spare.







The plane ride home was fairly uneventful. From DarSaleem we headed to Zurich, from Zurich to Newark and from Newark to Buffalo and then the greyhound home. We said goodbye to the rest of the Tancan 2013 team in Zurich as we separated ways.







In Newark we had to go through customs. We lined up at in the large customs line. When we finally finished customs we had to pick up our luggage and then bet our luggage tagged and sent to Buffalo. It was a long process and we barely made our flight to Buffalo. But we made it.







The greyhound home stopped at the Dixie Mall instead of the Applewood Mall where we boarded the bus on our initial journey. We could not get a hold of our parents to tell them where we were so we called our uncle Peter and he arrived shortly. We finally got a hold of Mom to let her know to pick us up at Dixie Mall. When we finally got home, we headed straight to bed. This concludes our Tanzanian medical mission.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb