Serengeti Day 3


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Serengeti National Park
September 20th 2010
Published: September 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Up at 6:30, game drive at 7:00. Highlight: large herd of elephants and magnificent pair of male lions with female. And the sun came out just as we spotted the lions, so incredible photography. Out of Serengeti, and Ngorongoro Conservation area. Traveled through beautiful country on some very wet roads. It had rained in this area, although it never really rained on us.

One vehicle from another group we were traveling with broke down completely on the road, with a broken rear differential, so we loaded the passengers and gear into our remaining five vehicles, and left the driver with some water to wait for help, parts and mechanics from Arusha. They intended to repair the vehicle on the spot. No tow trucks available around here.

Armed guard at crater overlook. Armed guard at tourist shop. Armed guards and protected gates at camp in Mto aw Mbu. Security guards on each floor of the hotel in Nairobi and armed guards at the hotel entrance, and guards at gates at the driveway.

We carried on without incident to the Snake Park outside of Arusha. Showers and laundry to wash out all the Serengeti dust. Hand laundry, that is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb