Our African Odyssey


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Mwanza
July 12th 2008
Published: July 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello again, everybody. The three Roes are off again on another wonderful trip. God is so gracious to us and has blessed us so abundantly in our many travels. We are off to Tanzania in just a few hours. We are going to be with friends that are missonaries close to Mwanza, Tanzania on Lake Victoria. They have established new churches, started a Bible Institute to train pastors and started an orphanage close by that Chrissy hopes to visit often.
Three college students have been interning with the work and arrived in May to help coach soccer with some secondary school teams and to give soccer camps in some of the villages where small churches have been established. The parents of two of the boys will meet us in Nairobi and our pastor arrived last week and is just finishing a mighty trek up Mt. Kilimanjaro. That makes 9 of us that will be visiting. Pastor will teach a week at the Bible Institute and the rest of us will visit and do whatever they tell us needs doing.
Ron Leach, the boys father, had an amazing amount of used soccer balls (that had to be deflated), shoes, uniforms and other equipment donated to the work in Tanzania. Getting it there will be half the fun! Ron & Ella took 3 of those big bags with them on Tuesday and we will try to take the remaining 6 with us in the morning. We are trying to use only 2 suitcases for the three of us so we don't have too much extra. I'm madly stuffing things in as I am writing.
Our itinerary starts Saturday morning at 4:00 am as we have to be early to take care of the extra luggage. We leave for New York at 6:30 am - leave New York for Dubai at 11:20am - 13 hours later, we land in Dubai for a few hours and then on to Nairobi for 5 hours. Rob Howell, the missionary, has arranged a driver to meet us and take us to rendezvous with our other team members. We are scheduled to visit a giraffe park where Chrissy can look a giraffe in the eye and feed him out of her hand. She's brave now, but might be a little intimidated when we get there.
I will keep you up on our trip as often as I can. Please pray for us, for the safety of all of us and that we might be a blessing to all those we encounter.
Jim, Shirley & Chrissy Roe



Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb