Welcome to Moshi!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
August 8th 2009
Published: August 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!

Finally i have a fast internet so i think tomorrow i will bring my camera and try to load a few pictures up to facebook!

So to tell you a little bit about my day. We woke up around 5:30 AM and made sandwiches and headed to the bus station on the dalla dalla, now you guys know how much i love the dalla dalls but you know what or i am getting used to it ... or it was just not as crouded ... i am sure its a bit of both ha ha. At 7 oclock we were on Sadi baba bus to Moshi. Now if you know me half well you know i dont do well with long rides or having to sit in one place for so long! Well it took us 9 hours to get here which i was impressed at myself because guess what ... i did not drive Emily insane ha ha. on the way there was one 15 min stop and i needed to go to the restroom so bad that i didnt care it was kinda smelly and that i had to use white note book paper that i wrinkled a lot so it wont hurt my tooshie ... what can i say here you have to improvise if you want to survive ha ha. Also on the way there was a HUGE accident, one of the buses a dalla dalla got into a car accident and flipped and it was blocking the road, thank goodness from the sight it didnt seem like anyone really got hurt. Another intereseting thing about driving in those big buses that go from Dar to Arusha is that in every stop the bus went to all this vendors were screaming and raising things to our windows ... such as water and juice bottles, kashews, oranges, candy, cookies, gum and such! it was actually pretty crazy.

When we reached our final destination, Moshi, we excited the bus and decided to just go by foot because the book recommended a few "cheaper" hotels a few blocks away. the taxi drivers wouldnt leave us alone and i hate that they always get into your personal space but i am learning how to deal with it. i guess i always have a fear that i will get robbed again and such and plus we wanted to just walk so i really wanted them to get away. After a short walk (and getting lost twice because um of me ha ha the map was backwards though to be fair the guy gave us the wrong street name we started from ) we checked into a cute hotel here that costs like 16 dollars a night. i think it is the nicest hotel we have stayed in so far ... and we stayed in much more expensive places BUTTT ... as we go up the stairs for the check in office we see a huge sign saying;

Unmarried couples are not allowed to stay in the same room

You are not allowed to consume alcohol on the hotel premisses


and a few more that i dont remember ha ha but i mean its not a big deal because well we are not either of those but we just thought it was going to be a very strick place to stay in. The moment we got into the room we were sold! The bed is huge and comfortable with an actual mattress not just a foamie thing! The bathroom oh my good there is a real shower and a real toilat which means ... no hole in the ground and a bucket ... and if i had to guess there is even HOT/WARM water which is like a luxory item here!

So we decided to explore the town and there are white people EVERYWHERE and its sooo exciting! and the internet is fast ... and there are nice looking places to eat so needless to say we are really happy! We decided to stay here for two nights and then head to arusha which is where most safaris come out from! While here we are planning on doing some hiking/climbing on Mt. Kilimanjaro, which is the tallest mountain in Africa.

Anyways okay i am going to go write a few emails ... do a bit of research on kenya ... and play around on facebook a bit! Will log on again tomorrow so come on AIM! i can connect through my gmail chat which is always exciting 😊 miss you all


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb