Fifth and Fianl Day of the Moshi Campaign!!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was the last day of the campaigns in Moshi. We got to the church building, divided up into our same groups and went out to try and save souls. We walked and passes out tracts for about 30 minutes before we had our first Bible study. When we got to lady’s house we were to study with, she offered me a corncob that she had been roasting. I had already eaten breakfast and the corn did not exactly look appetizing, so I tried to turn it down. But of course she was extremely persistent and forced me to take it. I was lucky enough to finally get the lady to break the corn into 3 pieces so Sarah and Janna had to eat some too. The corn started to make us all sick to our stomachs but it is rude not to eat all that they give you. Janna couldn’t eat any more of hers, so I sacrificed and ate all of mine plus her piece. Lets just say my stomach didn’t feel good the rest of the day! Janna was happy she didn’t have to eat hers and later thanked me for “taking one for the team.” We were in the study for about and hour and a half and it went really well. The lady was very interested and asked many questions, most about baptism, what day to worship on and about heaven. We had a great study with her and she invited us to come back again to “talk more Bible.”

Later that afternoon it was time for the children’s seminar. We had less kids today than we did yesterday because it was Saturday. But the total number of kids through out the whole week was amazing.

Wednesday there were 93 kids

Thursday there were 174 kids

Friday there were 231 kids

Saturday there were 174 kids

After the children’s seminar and the preaching was over everyone loaded up and came over to our house for supper. We ate and had a great time visiting and fellowshipping with each other. It is always fun to sit around, listen to music and tell stories together!

This week was a very rewarding week, we had 4 baptism total, 2 of those happened today. Many tracts were passes out all along the streets of Moshi and there were numerous Bible studies held. There were many seeds planted and we know that God will give the increase, just like Paul told the Corinthians.

1Co 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
1Co 3:7 So then neither is he that planted anything, neither he that watered; but God that gives the increase.

In Christian Love,
Callie



Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Franky getting baptizedFranky getting baptized
Franky getting baptized

The first baptism of the day
The second baptism of the day.The second baptism of the day.
The second baptism of the day.

We had to baptize her twice and if you notice Brent had to hold her feet down on the second time!


7th June 2008

Oh girl...
Callie I have a new found respect for you.....I don't know how you ate that corn.....I have some how in all my trips over there managed to never have to eat that corn!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb