Ladie's class in Moshi


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
April 12th 2008
Published: April 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been taking so long to get another blog out but we have been busy lately. Also the internet has not been working the past week. The Muslims decided to put a cell phone tower on top of the mosque down town and it knocked out our internet server. That got resolved so internet is back on, for now.

This travel blog is of the Ladies class we had this afternoon (Saturday). Julia Mwakabanje, one of the Christian ladies here at the Moshi congregation, led the group in a discussion on better ways to teach children’s Bible classes. She gave ideas such as acting out the story as you teach it and bringing things to class that are in the story, to use as illustrations. All ways to try to help the children better remember and understand the Bible lesson. One of Julia’s examples was the story of Jesus with the 5 loaves and the 2 fish. To give us an example of what she was talking about she brought 5 loaves of bread and 2 big dead fish. It was funny to all of us Americans but the Africans did not think twice about having dead fish looking at you all during your Bible class. Then Julia said, “You can show the children the loaves and fish and then let them eat it, but watch out for the fish bones.” After that comment I looked over at Julie and we just smiled at each other. Oh the things about Africa that make you laugh and then make you love it even more.

After the lesson we decided to change out the bulletin board. So we took Julia’s illustration and used it as our inspiration for the new board. We made a “God Will Provide” sign (English and Swahili) on the board and put 5 loaves and 2 fish on it, along with the 12 baskets of food that was left over after Jesus had fed the people. We put up some Bible verses on the top and then stepped back to look at the job we all had done. The African ladies just love changing the bulletin board and they are always pleased with the finished product. Today was a great day for us to all get together, share ideas and fellowship with other Christian ladies. I put some pictures up from today and I hope you enjoy them.

In Christian Love,
Callie



Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0228s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb