Where Do I Begin?


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
June 27th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jesus Loves the Little ChildrenJesus Loves the Little ChildrenJesus Loves the Little Children

Children hanging around the area where the gospel meeting was held each evening
So much has happened since our last blog update, I hardly know where to begin. The campaign continued throughout the week, with many people working to make it a success. We are thankful to Greg Neill, who did a wonderful job preaching for our gospel meeting each evening. It was interesting to watch numerous people, hanging back in the shadows, yet listening to the gospel message each evening. The children’s classes, held every afternoon, Wednesday through Saturday, were a big hit with the kids. We are so proud of the ladies of the Moshi congregation, who, for the first time, taught all of the classes.

On Thursday evening, George started feeling a bit sick, with flu-like symptoms, so Friday morning he went to a local clinic and was checked for malaria. Sure enough, that’s what he had. Fortunately, he didn’t waste any time getting checked, and was able to start the medicine right away. He did not suffer from it, as many people do, and although he didn’t feel his best, he kept going.

Friday night, Lindsey became very ill to her stomach, and was sick all night long, along with running a fever. We took her to
Joy in the KitchenJoy in the KitchenJoy in the Kitchen

Joy helping with food preparations to feed campaign workers
the clinic Saturday morning, and she was able to get started on antibiotics, which seemed to start doing the job right away. We were not sure until the very last minute whether or not she would be able to go on the safari. But, even though she wasn’t up to par, she managed to recover enough to be able to go.

We drove to Arusha Sunday afternoon, getting there in time for their afternoon services. After going out for supper, we drove to Cy and Stephanie’s, where we spent the night. We got up early Monday morning, and the truck which was hired to drive us arrived at 7:30. We drove to Lake Manyara, where we spent most of the day driving around on the trails, viewing various animals. Late afternoon, we left this area, and drove about 30 minutes to the lodge where we spent Monday night. We enjoyed an excellent supper at the lodge, and then headed to bed a bit early, since we were to have another early start on Tuesday morning. We left the lodge at 6:30 am, and headed to the Ngorongoro Crater. This is an amazing area, just east of the Serengeti Plains.
Children's SeminarChildren's SeminarChildren's Seminar

So many eager children, listening to the Bible story.
The pictures included will give you a sample of God’s handiwork, which we were privileged to enjoy.

We returned to Moshi Tuesday night, and are ready to get to work again. We have much follow-up work to do from the campaign. It’s also time for Luke and Lindsey to begin their schooling again. We still have some miscellaneous work here and there that needs to be done around the house, which we’ve not been able to do in the hustle and bustle of the campaign.

We are enjoying Jenny staying with us. She will be with us until August 1. Jenny came last summer to Moshi, and worked with the congregation. She is a hard worker, and has blended into our family very well. She is near Julia’s age. We are thankful for the opportunity to get to know her.

Please continue to remember us in your prayers - our health and safety, the many contacts that were made during the campaign, the new souls who were added to the church. We are always mindful that we have many wonderful Christians who are behind our work, and we are forever grateful.

In Christian Love,
Joy



Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Teaching About the 10 LepersTeaching About the 10 Lepers
Teaching About the 10 Lepers

Elliovarose taught the children about the 10 Lepers, while Julie assisted her with visual aids
Feeding the ChildrenFeeding the Children
Feeding the Children

Providing a meal for the children, after their Bible class
Leopard at Lake ManyaraLeopard at Lake Manyara
Leopard at Lake Manyara

Taking an afternoon siesta
Hot Springs at Lake ManyaraHot Springs at Lake Manyara
Hot Springs at Lake Manyara

Luke and Jacob testing the water at the Hot Springs - and yes, it was very hot!
Bird at the lakeBird at the lake
Bird at the lake

I don't know what kind this is, but it is beautiful!
Elephant at Lake ManyaraElephant at Lake Manyara
Elephant at Lake Manyara

Parade of elephants - babies, too!
Elephant at Lake ManyaraElephant at Lake Manyara
Elephant at Lake Manyara

An elephant popped out of the bush right at our vehicle. Don't know who was more surprised - us or the elephant!
Another giraffeAnother giraffe
Another giraffe

"Hey, there's a bird on my head!"


28th June 2007

How about some articles?
Nice pictures. How about an article or two tha we can use in the NL? Have a blessed week. just ken
28th June 2007

Happy Birthday!
Glad you were able to take some time "for your birthday," Joy. We love you. Mom
28th June 2007

Seeing all the pictures makes me miss Africa so much. I am thrilled that your family is able to live in such an amazing place. May God Bless you always. We are all wonderful here and send lots and lots of love to the whole family. We miss you all and are praying for you. *HUGS!* :D

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb