Campaign Tiime


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
June 20th 2007
Published: June 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

ElishaElishaElisha

Elisha attended the men's Bible seminar with his dad, Elijah.
The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind for the TZ2000 team. June 5-9 was the first campaign week - held in Arusha. Since we had just received our container, we did not help during this first week, but rather worked furiously at home, so that we'd be a bit more settled by the time of the campaign in Moshi. The Freed Hardeman campaigners returned to the States on June 10.

June 12-16 was seminar week in Arusha. Tuesday - Friday there were classes every day. The men met at the Andrew Connally School of Preaching. The women met at the church building in Arusha. I spoke Tuesday morning, on the topic of "Letting Our Light Shine", John 13:34,35. Julia also spoke; her topic being "Light Causes Growth." I spoke again on Thursday, on the topic of "Caring for Our Families." Wed. - Sat. there was a children's seminar at the Arusha building, after the ladies were finished for the day. It's interesting to note that it's not a good idea to advertise it as a Vacation Bible School, because when the word "school" is used, the community is expecting an actual school.

The group from Northport,
Jacob and Luke, with Edwin TusekelegeJacob and Luke, with Edwin TusekelegeJacob and Luke, with Edwin Tusekelege

Edwin was one of Andrew Conally's first converts, in the 1970's.
AL left on June 13, and then on the 15th, we had 4 other young people arrive. We are glad that we are able to keep two young women at our house - Christie and Jenny. Christie came for the purpose of helping during the campaign, and Jenny will be with us through July, helping with campaign work, as well as other teaching opportunities, as they arise. We've enjoyed having them with us. We've got our volleyball net set up in our back yard, and a number of the young people (and some not so young ) have enjoyed playing an occasional evening game.

Monday afternoon I conducted a Bible study with the mother of one of our members of the congregation. She is an elderly woman, who does not have the best of health. She was actually sick with flu-type symptoms the day of the study, but she wanted to study anyway. We are scheduled to study again the end of next week.

This week we've had a great start with the campaign in Moshi. We've had several baptisms, and some very encouraging Bible studies. It is thrilling to sit down with people and share the message
Men's SeminarMen's SeminarMen's Seminar

The men's seminar at the school of preaching facilities.
of the gospel with them, and see the "light come on." We've got several promising contacts, with whom we hope to continue studying.

One of the exciting moments this week was Sunday. The women of the Moshi congregation had a planning meeting, and with their own intiative, planned some details for the children's classes for this week. This is a monumental occasion! Another milestone - all of the children's classes are being taught by the Tanzanian women of the Moshi congregation. We are thrilled at the spiritual growth that is being shown by these women. I am confident that much of the reason is because many of these women have been attending afternoon studies at the Kilimanjaro Bible School, which has boosted their Bible knowledge significantly.

Our family is going to take a couple of vacation days the beginning of next week to relax a bit. We want to spend some time together, before school starts again, on July 2.

Please keep us in your prayers as we continue with our busy week. We are spending alot of time on the road, with a vehicle packed full of people. Please pray for the many contacts that are
Men's SeminarMen's SeminarMen's Seminar

Another picture of the men's seminar
being made this week. Remember that you are co-workers with us, and we would not be able to do this work without your help.

In Christian Love,
Joy


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Moshi LadiesMoshi Ladies
Moshi Ladies

Moshi ladies planning for the children's classes and food preparation for the campaign
Jensen FamilyJensen Family
Jensen Family

...on the roof of the church building - see Mt. Kili in the background?
Joy's Bible StudyJoy's Bible Study
Joy's Bible Study

Joy's Bible study with Margaret
Moshi Campaign - Day 1Moshi Campaign - Day 1
Moshi Campaign - Day 1

First official campaign day - June 19.
Moshi Campaign - Day 1Moshi Campaign - Day 1
Moshi Campaign - Day 1

Tuesday baptism
Moshi Campaign - Day 1Moshi Campaign - Day 1
Moshi Campaign - Day 1

George teaching a Bible class
Moshi Campaign - Day 2Moshi Campaign - Day 2
Moshi Campaign - Day 2

George teaching a Bible class, with Timothy translating for him.
Moshi Campaign - Day 2Moshi Campaign - Day 2
Moshi Campaign - Day 2

Wednesday at the gospel meeting
Moshi Campaign - Day 2Moshi Campaign - Day 2
Moshi Campaign - Day 2

Precious children
Mysterious CreatureMysterious Creature
Mysterious Creature

Here is a creature - a beetle? - that lives outside our house. (Let's hope it stays outside!) We have definitely never seen one like this before!


20th June 2007

Another creepy spider? Egh! I miss you guys!
20th June 2007

Campaign News
Hey, guys. We're enjoying the blog so much--we're saving the entries in a notebook. Wish we could visit you sometime. You're doing a great work, and we keep you in our prayers. Love you, Aunt Janie
20th June 2007

Great Work
My heart is thrilled to see the work you are doing. I think back when Joy was only a child living in Stockton. Joy's parents Wayne and Betty have been very close friends of ours over the years. Thier training of thier children in the Lord continues to reap harvests. Looking forward to more information on your work.
21st June 2007

Spider?!
I looked closely. That bug only has 3 legs on a side. A spider has 4 per side. You have some sort of beetle/bug there. If I missed a leg, then yes it is a spider of some sort! Still not nice to have outside your house whatever it is. Glad things are going so well for you! I pray that Africa is all you had hoped it would be!

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb