Shining Star


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Moshi
March 22nd 2007
Published: March 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

My last couple of weeks at the nursery school have been so good. The two teachers there have made me feel really welcome and i am also spending a lot of time with them at the weekends too. The kids at the school are so cute and it is going to be really hard to leave them. Will try and get some photos up of them in the next day or too.
I have donated some money and there is now a sandpit/house been built. I can't wait to see the children playing in it.
Last weekend Sara and Melkior (teachers) took me to see there villages and Marangu Falls on the foothills of Kili. The difference between the villages and the town is vast. Poverty is much greater out in the sticks. All they seem to do is grow, pick, sell and eat bananas. Bananas are essentially there livelihood. Their houses are tiny but to be honest all they do is sleep there. Everything else eg) cooking occurs outside. In one house though, a lady lives there with her cow. As you can imagine it smelt a little. Particuarly since her house was actually made of dry cow dung too.
Near Marangu waterfall we saw lots of monkeys. Melkior made a joke to his uncle to catch him one for the school. The next day Sara's Mum arrived at the school with a baby monkey! She had brought it on the bus from her village. This could only possibly happen in Tanzania. The children absolutely loved the money, named Prince. However when I went to school today Prince is not so well and i don't think he is going to survive.
I am going to Arusha on Monday to see the Rwanda Genocide trails that are happening there. I think it will be really interesting. Then on the bus to Dar on Tuesday before having some relaxation n Zanzibar.

Lots of Love to you all.
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb