Mandara huts to Horombo huts 3720m


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Marangu
September 19th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Woken up today with tea in bed, the guys seemd to be working hard for there tip!!! breakfast today was beef sausages and scrambled egg.

Today we were moving from the forest to moorland which meant that is was very hot plently of sun cream for Rebecca. We started the day walking in a group with Thomas and Jan and both guides. We walked a lot slower as instructed with plenty of stops to look at the wildlife. One of the guides found a cameleon which we put on thomas' hat and had a really good look at. The walking was getting a bit harder as we gained altitude. I found my own cameleon which we put on nick's white top to see if it would change colour. We stopped for lunch about half way and managed to avoid any of it being stolen. it was a really hot day requiring plenty of water we arrived at the huts in 6 hours. Once we got to the huts rebecca started to get a headache and feel a it sick. the guide said to drink plently of water a take heachache tablets. within a few hours she was better and ready for dinner beef stew which was very nice indeed!!

Very tired and in need of some sleep!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb