Saturday, March 2l, 2009


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Maji Ya Chai
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Saturday, March 21, 2009:
It is hard to believe we have been gone a whole week! The time has absolutely flown by!
(I want to get these published, so I'm going to cut my writing a little bit short)
We studied with the Muslim lady again this morning, then Paulina, Mom, Lauren and I went to the very edge of Maji Ya Chai and studied with an older lady. She didn't want to get baptized right then, but we were planting the seed! And it makes you feel great! That study lasted for a very long time and by the time we were finished, it was about 1 o'clock in the afternoon.
We went back for lunch (I DID eat it today :-P) and the men started their classes and the women started their classes and we started the kid's classes. I love the little kids singing--especially This Little Light of Mine. And they love the game bata bata kuku. They especially like the wazungus to chase them. (Do you have any idea how hard it is to run in an ankle length skirt?!) And speaking of that, the kids looks at us white people are amazing. Here I am, in old clothes, not dressed up or anything, look like a fright, and the kids look at you like a princess by the way you dress. Their clothes are in tatters. They are also curious about red hair, glasses and braces!!
Anyway, our story was very interesting!! We talked about Jesus feeding the 5000 and Jesus walking on the water. Jesus (Lauren) turned the few fish and loaves in her hand into--whoosh!-- a whole basket full of cookie pieces and gold fish crackers. That was a big hit!! Then we spread a blue conga out (water) and Lauren and I (disciples) got in a chair (boat) and began violently rocking it back and forth. Then Maddie (Jesus) came out a door, and told me (Peter) to walk on the water. The kids really liked the miracle stories!!
There were 5 people baptized today! This is totally amazing!
I just can't resist--although Lauren might kill me for posting this--she actually got proposed to today! By an African man, who she had never seen before! Despite the fact that he had a mud hut and wooden cart, her answer was a very strong and hurried "Hapana!!" (NO)
That night for supper we went to the Gee's house,
and then off to the school of preaching. Not exactly the Ritz, but nice enough!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Eating lunchEating lunch
Eating lunch

Those with impeccable table manners need not apply.


Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0583s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb