Sunday, March 15


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
April 8th 2009
Published: April 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday: We lost a few hours somewhere...... :-P We arrived at Amsterdam, Holland, about 7:30 am, and a couple of hours later got on our (last!) plane and headed to TZ. I was lucky enough to get a window seat, and despite the fact that the plane was 40,000 ft. in the air, I got to see some significant landmarks, such as the Alps, the Mediterranean, and the Libyan desert! We arrived at the Kilimanjaro Airport in Tanzania about 8:30 pm. (If you're in Central Time, TZ is 8 hours faster. So we arrived about the time most of y'all were getting out of Church.) It was....HOT! Unfortunately, it was dark, so we weren't able to see much. We obtained our visas and found our luggage (all of it had arrived!). Mr. Cy Stafford and Mr. Jimmy Gee came and saved us from the hassle of customs. We rode with them to Arusha, to the Andrew Connally School of Preaching. We got settled in our little (dorm-like) rooms, and later had a short worship service. We turned in for the night--needed to get some rest so we could hit the ground running!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb