Laundry Time


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha
July 13th 2008
Published: July 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Finally I run out of my last clean underwear, guess it's laundry time, we have two options here, pay Tsh4000($3.5) to have the kids wash for us or buy soap and wash ourselves, frankly, never been a big fan of laundry, bring the clothes down to basement even considered as a waste of time back home, since there was always lots of other more "important" things to do, no matter it's work or sports or socializing or entertainment, since I'm here so far away from all that stuffs and so much time to spare, I guess there's no such thing as a waste of time so I might as well just do it by myself, washing wasn't too bad, took me about 1.5hrs to get the full load done plus the sandal and flip-flop. so hopefully by the end of day today, I'll get something clean to put on.

Went to a local soccer league game in the afternoon with Mark and Eric brothers, Mark works at CCF(Children for Children's Future), it's a drop in center for street kids, he picked up a few at CCF on the way to join us, apparently, they're not really kids, they're all teenagers, range around 16-18, had a bit chat with them, seems pretty friendly, Thomas showed me around CCF, the words on the entrance wall, it read: "Arusha drop in centre.... rules here are: no fight, no knife, no alcohol, no drugs, no smoking, etc. " interesting place, will go back take some pics the other day so you'll see better.

The soccer game was great, it's quite like the league we played back in Nanjing, but they only play 15mins per half since there's only one field and lots of teams, not surprisingly, there're lots of spectators, its not a great field by any means, grass all gone, the goal was made of wood, no net, the post wasn't even straight, the ball's kinda crappy too, but people took it very seriously and they play very decent game, it was an entertaining match, tied at 1-1 at the whistle, even the penalty kick was tied, our team finally won 11-10, they were so happy and exciting, dived to the corner and cheered for the victory, it was a fun moment.

Most people went for the movie - indiana johns after pizza supper, I stayed because I already watched and want to plan a few things out for the days to come.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb