How long does it take to climb Mount Kilimanjaro


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » North » Arusha » Arusha City
August 20th 2020
Published: August 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Kilimanjaro climbing can be range from in the number of days depending on the day you wish to take expeditions. With good physical and mental fit you can conquer awe-inspiring Kilimanjaro hiking tour or climb Mount Kilimanjaro from 1day to 8-Day. Each Kilimanjaro routes have its own uniqueness. The easier routes are known as Marangu which you can climb from 1-Day to 6-Day. If you have a short time here in Tanzania how long does it take to climb Mount Kilimanjaro (five to-Six Days), and you wish to get at least smelling of Kilimanjaro. Try Marangu Route 1day from Marangu gate to Mandara hut. The long Kilimanjaro trekking takes from 5 Day to 8 Day to reach the summit. The longer the day the high rates of succession to top of acclimatization.

Kilimanjaro Routes with an itinerary




Marangu routes regard as the best and easier to climb Kilimanjaro. It takes long trekking between 5 Day Marangu Route to 6 Day Marangu Routeto reach the top of Kilimanjaro's free-standing volcanic mountain. Famously known as the “Coca Cola route” – the Marangu route is one of the most popular routes leading to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro.

It is considered the easiest route as the ascent on this route is constant and moderate with only the final leg to the summit slightly more challenging. Marangu is the only route that offers communal sleeping huts, equipped with beds and mattresses at every overnight site. The Marangu route uses the same ascent and descent route.


Machame Route




The best and popular route with a scenic view, how long does it take? It will take you almost 6 Days Machame Route to 7 Days Machame Route to reach the top! Depending on the day you want to climb Kilimanjaro we can organize it for you. The Machame route is one of the most beautiful and most popular trekking tours on Kilimanjaro. It is suitable for more exploratory hikers who wish for an added physically demanding climb than other routes. It presents stunning views of Mount Meru, Shira Ridge, and Kibo summit as you make your move through lush rainforest, moorland, and alpine desert.


Rongai Route




The Rongai route begins on the side of the mountain close to the Kenyan border. Running on the dry northeast side of Kilimanjaro. It takes a long drive to get to the starting point. It is the only route that approaches from the north and can be drier than most routes even in the rainy season. This route is less crowded, moderately steep, crosses a beautiful alpine desert zone, and allows for good views towards Kenya and the Kibo summit. You will have an acclimatization day on day 5 at Mawenzi Tarn. The decent will follow the Marangu route. How long does it take? Climbing and trekking through this route will take you 6-Day Rongai Route to 7-Day Rongai Route Kilimanjaro hiking.


Lemosho Route




How long does it take to trekking Kilimanjaro through Lemosho Route? 7 Days Lemosho Route to 8 Days Lemosho Route-Kilimanjaro Hiking. Lemosho is regarded as the most beautiful route on Kilimanjaro as it offers panoramic views of various sides of the mountain. It features all the benefits, offering, and success ratio of Machame Route by starting further round to the West. This route leads you over the spectacular Shira Plateau and avoids the crowds on the early part of the Machame Route at the same time. The extra day on this 8-day tour gives you the opportunity to better acclimatize, thus increasing your chances of reaching the top.


Umbwe Route




Umbwe Route is an ideal route for those, who want a challenging climb, and are very confident in their ability to trek over consistently steep slopes. The Route success rate is low, normally the route takes seven days to summit Kilimanjaro. Book your Umbwe Route today. All the routes, Umbwe is by far the most scenic albeit steeper route up the mountain. The Rongai is the easiest camping route and the Marangu is also easy, but accommodation is in huts.

As a result, this route tends to be very busy and ascent and descent routes are the same. Although the Rongai route is a flatter walk, it offers fewer opportunities for acclimatization. At 5,895m (19,340 feet) above sea level, Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest peak and the world’s highest free-standing mountain.

Aided by its relatively easy ascent – Kilimanjaro has become a major destination for mountaineers and trekkers from around the world. To reach Kibo, or Uhuru Peak, the highest summit of Mount Kilimanjaro, namely, Marangu, Rongai, Lemosho, Shira, Umbwe, and Machame.

Being one of the most popular mountains in the world, more than 50,000 trekkers every year try to reach the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. To Climb Kilimanjaro has an average summit success rate across all climbers and routes are 95%!d(MISSING)epending on the route you will take. How does it take? If you wish to reach at the top through Umbwe route you suppose to 7 Days Umbwe Route.

Kilimanjaro Trekking

Shira Route




How long does it take to climb Kilimanjaro through the Shira route? Book 6 Day Shira Route Kilimanjaro trekking here with us via the Shira route. Shira Route is a remote and beautiful path where you may come across fewer crowds, as it’s well suited to those with prior backpacking experience and a high level of fitness. The trail of Shira Route begins near Shira Ridge. This route is almost similar to the Lemosho route. However, Climbing Kilimanjaro Tours through the Shira route was the original route and Lemosho is the improved variation. Although Shira Possesses a diverse and beautifully scenic route, it is less favorable than Lemosho due to the relatively high altitude of the starting point of Shira. Hikers can experience little altitude sickness symptoms on the first day while camping on 11,800 feet higher. See review here on TripAdvisor.



Interesting in Kilimanjaro climbing and trekking tour to Tanzania? View our best deal and special offers, prices, and costs of Kilimanjaro. climb Mount Kilimanjaro Itineraries and routes.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb