A great day at Irente


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Lushoto
December 8th 2008
Published: May 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Looking for a nice place to have a sodaLooking for a nice place to have a sodaLooking for a nice place to have a soda

Me, Benedikte - in a slightly scary hut, built over the rim of the mountain
From climbing two peaks we were quite exhausted. So the next day we were all aching and unanimously voted to walk less and relax more. We drove to Irente Farm and walked to the Irente viewpoint (We could have driven there as well, like the big Indian families that came in coaches - one coach per family). I’ve read in the guide book about the view being good, but this was really amazing: We were standing right at the edge of the mountain range looking down at the wide plains far below with the Dar - Arusha road.
After a soda in a little café on the cliff top - I didn’t dare to go anywhere near to the edge as the wooden construction seemed rather dodgy - we marched back to Irente Farm for a hearty lunch. It was gorgeous, all homemade Germanic food: fresh rye bread, lovely jam, tasty cheese. Afterwards we stocked up in the farm shop.
Only Rita and myself had any energy left and didn’t just want to hang around the lodge, so the two of us went off again to a nearby waterfall, where we bumped into one of the Indian families with their coach again. The highlight of this little excursion wasn’t the waterfall - it was pretty, but not very big - but a gecko, we spotted on the way. I haven’t seen one in the wild before and it was absolutely stunning and didn’t mind us taking picture after picture.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Lunch at Irente FarmLunch at Irente Farm
Lunch at Irente Farm

Me, Kejtil, Benedikte, Rita
Lunch at Irente Farm 2Lunch at Irente Farm 2
Lunch at Irente Farm 2

Kejtil, Benedikte
Lunch at Irente Farm 3Lunch at Irente Farm 3
Lunch at Irente Farm 3

Ellen, me, Kejtil
Slightly bizzare statics at Irente FarmSlightly bizzare statics at Irente Farm
Slightly bizzare statics at Irente Farm

Number of meals consumed by tourists per months - why???


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb