The 2009 Goat Races!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
August 23rd 2009
Published: August 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

And thus, my third Annual Charity Goat Race rolled around! This time, we went ahead and decided to be Goat Owners. So... we came up with the stable name (70s Prime Time), breeders' name, racing style, and Goat Name... The LOVE GOAT! One of the catches of owning a goat, is that you never actually see the goat until race time. It's all for show... there's no training, fine-tuning, etc. possible. But, as an owner, you get to wear a themed costume to support your goat, and you get to spend your day in the Owners' tent, which entails free food and drinks all day! So much fun!
Our team went with the nautical cruise wear theme, wearing white and tying blue sashes around our neck, covering our heads with straw hats, and then because of the love theme, we had red hearts pinned on our backs. Some of the other teachers had teams too, so we had a "get excited" brunch together with the Pan-demonium team (clad in togas).
Unfortunately, our goat did not win the race... nor did he come close... in fact, he came in dead last. But the day was still very fun and we drowned our sorrows in free champagne!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Teacher Fans!Teacher Fans!
Teacher Fans!

Watching from the outside of the enclosure!
Love Goat!Love Goat!
Love Goat!

Goat #3... he looks a little dubious.
Finish LineFinish Line
Finish Line

and he's not even in the shot. Sigh.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb