Thursday - Our last training day at the VSO office


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » East » Dar es Salaam
October 2nd 2008
Published: December 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sara & myself at SlipwaySara & myself at SlipwaySara & myself at Slipway

Lunch break at Slipway, an Expat hang-out near the VSO office
The first part of our in-country training was drawing to a close. A few more sessions including a light-hearted introduction to Tanzanian particularities in the work place, child protection policy and an insight into the 3 programme areas VSO Tanzania is working in. Each programme office chooses 3 areas, it wants to focus on. In case of Tanzania these are HIV/AIDS, Education and Secure Livelihoods. The volunteers are recruited to work under one of these - in my case this is HIV/AIDS.
Finally in good VSO tradition there were some more forms and the all-obligatory evaluation form to complete. By now we had been informed that the Kiswahili language training was in fact going to be an additional 2 weeks in Morogoro - a market town a few hours to the West of Dar. The Kenyan vols would not be joining us, as they’re all proficient in Kiswahili. This meant, Naomi would be starting her placement at Femina the following Monday. But she had to stay another week at the Econolodge, as it wasn’t communicated to Femina that she’ll be starting 2 weeks earlier than me…
Dinner was going to be another all volunteers group event, which meant another Indian restaurant. Not a bad thing - not a big fan of Indian food in the UK, I absolutely loved everything I tasted in Tanzania so far: Gorgeous flavours and not as greasy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb