Sponsoring the Nursery/Kindergarten Teachers


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Centre » Dodoma
August 7th 2012
Published: July 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nursery/Kindergarten TeachersNursery/Kindergarten TeachersNursery/Kindergarten Teachers

Teachers Naomi Jonathan Mgale and Elice Petro Ngoliga
While discussing how we could assist Msalato and the nursery/kindergarten with the Rev. Canon Moses Matonya, who is the Principal at Msalato Theological College, Moses mentioned that the nursery/kindergarten had two teachers who are working on a voluntary basis. The school normally gives them a small amount of money every month just as a way of thanking them for their work with the children. The college normally ask friends from inside and outside the college community to donate whatever money they can as a way of encouraging these lovely women to continue teaching the children. The parents of the children who attend also contribute, but many of them are very poor and so they can't.

There are 45 children registered with the nursery/kindergarten although regular attendance is between 30 and 35 per day as some fail to attend because they can't afford to pay the fees.

The children's ages range from 3 to 5 years

The term dates during the year are from early January to June and then July to November.

The two teachers we are supporting are Noomi Jonathan Mgale and Elice Petro Ngoliga and we have set up a fund which people can contribute
Moses MatonyaMoses MatonyaMoses Matonya

Principal at Msalato Theological College Dodoma
to, in order to provide these two teachers with Tsh35,000 (A$22.00) each per week - anyone who would like to assist us with this is always welcome.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb