Swaziland!!


Advertisement
Swaziland's flag
Africa » Swaziland » Ezulwini Valley
May 31st 2009
Published: June 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Time for a bit of an adventure out of South Africa again - the kingdom of Swaziland. =) Dean and Jill was heading that direction too so we decided to go all four of us. Stupidly enough we decided to walk to the minibus station with our backpacks... It's not insanely far away but it was heavy!! Got there anyway and found the bus we wanted. They don't have any departure times for the minibuses, they depart when they are full. But we ''only'' had to wait for about one hour before the bus was full, so that was not so bad. 😉

Arrived in Mbabane where we had to take a minibus taxi to Gables in Ezulwini Valley. Stayed at Legends backpackers which is located behind the Pick'n'Pay, across the fields. Swaziland is beautiful with all the mountains!! Legends was not great however. The woman working in the morning is such a grumpy induvidual! The girl working at evenings is sweet though! =)

Had a nice evening with some Canadian girls, Kate and Courtney, and an Australian girl namned Lorinda and a totally crazy, but funny, dude from Cape Town namned Barry. Decided to go horsebackriding the next day with Lorinda and had a rather early night. Minibus traveling is tiring. *haha*

Took a taxi to the game reserve the next day and got our horses. Had to wait a bit though, even though Jenny had said three persons they had only prepared two extra horses... But off we went and rode past zebras, wildebeest, ostriches and impalas. We got very close since we were on horses. The nicest feeling! And the horses were amazing. Tess got one just right for her and Jenny had two different horses during the day, since the guide wanted to swap so Lorinda got a horse with more go in. Her horse just stopped and she didn't have the heart to force it. =) It was a great ride though - the best we've ever been on!

Next day we went to the markets, and Tess found a mask and even a shot glass! Jenny realised she wants a drum. 😉 When we came back from the market Jill and Dean had left us a note on the bed... They had decided to continue south!! So sad we never had a chance to say good buy. We really like them two! Such a sweet couple.

For dinner we went to Mantenga Lodge. Very good food!! Had pasta one night, and a cucumber and melon salad plus dessert the other. Well worth a visit!

Only stayed three nights though before we felt we wanted to go back to Nelspruit.
Time is runing out! =)

Info:
Minibus Nelspruit <-> Mbabane R100 p/p
Taxi to Gables about R7 p/p
Dorm @ Legends R90 p/p
Horsebackriding R120/h p/p
Entrance fee game park R20 p/p
Dinner @ Mantenga about R200 for two

(Rand is accepted everywhere)


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb