Swimming in the River


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
December 20th 2012
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Butt01 Butt01 Butt

The big, wrinkly butt of one of the elephants in the river.
Geo: -24.7867, 26.2903

When I got home this warm afternoon I could hear a noise coming from the river. Paul said there were some elephants down there. So I picked up my cameras and we walked the 30 second walk to the river.

In the water on the other side of the river I could see a big elephant's wrinkly bum. There was another elephant next to it and behind it a third bull elephant. They were all having a great time splashing in the water, pushing each other under and jumping on each other's back.

The only sound we could hear was the splashing of the water and the breaking of the branches that hung above the river. We were so close to the elephants, about only 10 metres. We stayed with them for about 15 minutes and then they got out of the water and walked away. This sighting is another perk of living by the river in a game reserve.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

02 Eye02 Eye
02 Eye

Another one of the elephants looking at us with his big eye.
03 Up03 Up
03 Up

Coming up out of the water.
05 Trunks Under05 Trunks Under
05 Trunks Under

Their trunks are under the water.
06 Mount06 Mount
06 Mount

One elephant about to mount the other elephant.
08 Mount08 Mount
08 Mount

Another elephant being mounted.
09 Trunk Out09 Trunk Out
09 Trunk Out

The elephant on the right has a tiny bit of his trunk out of the water.


Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0263s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb