Getting closer...


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
August 24th 2011
Published: August 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

As of today we are a week and a half out from our departure date... hard to believe it is already so close!
We have heard from our guide that the weather in South Africa is a bit crazy right now. They were having a cold spell as of a week or two ago. However, they are hopeful that by the time we arrive it will have warmed up. Luckily we start our trip in Zambia, the more northern parts of South Africa, Swaziland, and Mozambique - all warmer climates. Most likely by the time we get to Cape Town (the southernmost part of South Africa) at the end of our trip, it will be nice spring weather there (our fall is their spring). Here's to hoping.

Jeff and I are feeling pretty good with where we are now as far as getting ready to leave. Finally, after Jeff having to make several trips to DC, we have our passports and visas all ready to go. We have started packing and we even started breaking in our hiking shoes yesterday while walking the pups. Jeff got to use the camera a lot this past weekend with all the new gadgets he got for it - and the pictures looked great. He was making sure to take lots of wildlife pictures, although by wildlife I mean sheep and squirrels, but hey... it's something! We are feeling good! By the end of this week we should have all the items on our to do list crossed off and the only thing left will be to get stuff done around the house and yard, and to finish packing. Hopefully we can stay this stress free, calm, and collected right up until we depart - that's the plan!

In the meantime we are enjoying this gorgeous weather and the end of what has been a wonderful summer.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0715s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb