Days 31-32: Capetown, S.A to Namibian Border


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
February 26th 2007
Published: March 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we started our tour from Cape Town, South Africa to Nairobi, Kenya - 6 weeks on the road, camping our way through 8 countries in Africa! Woohoo! The first day of our tour was very sedate... a 40 minute drive from Cape Town landed us in the famous South African wine region of Stellanbocsh where we spent the day touring 4 different wineries, trying a multitude of wines (Martin racked up 22), some great French cheeses and eating great food at a cafe in a small village en-route. Oh yes, and there was also Gelato - as you all know, a personal favourite of Kristi's! It was a great, relaxing start to the trip! That night we did a group dinner in town, also fun and stayed in the Struggler's Inn hostel that night.... yes, we didn't even have to camp the first night, surprise!

The following day we headed off on a drive of about 7 or 9 hours to another really cute hostel/B&B type place en-route in Cedarberg. It was a whole NZ $4 each to upgrade from tent to dorm so we all did that and put off erecting tents for one more night ;-) 6 weeks of that still to come! The hostel was really cool, surrounded by citrus orchards and we spent the afternoon swimming in a nearby river, the cold water was much appreciated!

Day 3 of the tour saw us crossing the Nambian border and the start of racking up those African passport stamps!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb