Like to see Caravans Get in here


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 8th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -26.8982, 32.8821

South African caravan parks are wonderful, providing you can traverse the track in. Note the warning sign on the way in. This was the last sign for some time and unbeknown to us we veered left when we should have veered right at the crest of a sand hill. Well bugger me if the track didn't degrade into something bad, the funny thing was the Hubs were not locked thus I could not grab 4WD, if we stopped we definitely were not going to go forward even with the hubs locked … the Shorty came through with the goods, foot down and get the Mickey Thompsons digging until flat firm ground was found. How they tow boats down here I will never know.

The biggest surprise was to find a caravan park down the end, however I don't think a caravan has ever been down there. The very nice the park guard let us through the gate and told us to go to reception to register. So we did, when Lisa asked the girl for the permit her reply was.. what do you want a permit for then she said see if you can find a camp site as there might be some available!! So off we went and found a nearly deserted camping ground, definitely some sites available.. as if she did not know. Upon reflection we thought if we do not get a permit then the gate guard will not let us out.. So off we walked to reception past the rotting skull of a hippo..stinky.

This time we walk into the office and pointed to a round permit and said can we have one of those.. of course you can she replyed..

Set up camp and relaxed getting ready for the Border crossing. Oh by the way Lisa had a tick fall on her from the trees.. I told her they only land on stinky people.. as you can imagine I got it in the head..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb