Shorty is With Us


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa
September 5th 2009
Published: November 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -29.7167, 31.0667

Mission successfully accomplished. We have the Shorty!!!! Yeh Yeh, yes we are excited. It would appear that along the way the battery died and someone has attempted to jump it across both batteries using a 24 Volt supply which would have been quite exciting. One of the terminals has suffered a bit of boot damage but otherwise the car is in one piece. Darren's makeshift security barrier worked like a treat, there was evidence that someone had been trying to get into the back but failed so everything was intact.

South Africa has so far completely blown us away with its friendliness. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone, our guest house has been an absolute pleasure, customs clearance started out a little tricky until one guy took charge and basically pushed us up the line so we would not have to hang around all day and wait for an appointment to enter the docs.

Tomorrow we head up the coast road to eMthunzini toward HluHulwe Imfolozi (Hlu is pronounced Sh we knew that "not"😉 National Park. We probably won't get too far up the road as we have groceries and a few domestics to finish first but at least we will be on our way to London.

Advertisement



4th September 2009

We're jealous Sounds like the adventure has started. Any pictures?Sean
7th September 2009

Hiya Lisa & Darren :-) Hi guys , Great to hear that you have made it Safe & Sound to South Africa & that you are well & truly on your way NORTH !! We really hoped to catch up with you before you went but realised that you
would be pretty flat out with thousands of last minute chores !! Anyways , we will be checking your log regularly & look forward to hearing about your adventures & seeing some wonderful pix . Keep safe & enjoy yourselves ! Love from Mike & Averiel !

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb