Ivy league Vol 4 No 4


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Witsand
March 31st 2011
Published: March 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Woof!
I knew it…they are off somewhere again. My humans are poring over their mountain bikes again. Ever since Gogo acquired Juliet they make these funny day trips away from home. Now it's a case of washing bikes with buckets of soapy water, rubbing bike frames with diesel soaked rags , endless spinning of wheels and checking for thorns. Do you know they spent several hundred rand on getting into a tubeless state with their tyres.

Last Sunday they left me behind and went into the mountains behind Heidelberg to ride the Huysmanshoek Pass to get in some practise. Gogo came back with this wild-eyed look - exhilaration she called it. Uwi apparently has a bruise on each bum. They had to take one of the bikes into Swellendam Cycle Shop on Monday to have the derailleur fixed.

They have been invited to join the Exxaro team on the last stage of the Cape Epic. Well, not exactly the last stage. A special race called Vigne-a-Vigne has been developed through the vineyard at the Lourensford Wine Estate. Go and check it out; it has its own website.

So now I hear them making plans, they'll be sleeping over in Stellenbosch at Uwi's sister on Friday night, exploring the Cape on Saturday and getting all fancy up on the mountain and in the vineyards on Sunday. I wonder who will be baby sitting me? Colleen, my usual sitter is away visiting her children in Gauteng.
Woof!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb