Day Thirteen - Tsitsikamma


Advertisement
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We're Here!We're Here!We're Here!

Arrival at Tsitsikamma National Park
Geo: -33.9735, 23.7181

A sleep in day, relatively speaking, breakfast being in the sunny but chilly courtyard of our hotel at approximately 7.30am. On todays agenda, was a rainforest hike along the Blue Duiker Trail at Tsitsikamma National Park. The trail took us from the roadside, down the mountain, through beautiful, thick and exotic jungle. The path was wet, slippery, muddy and treacherous at points, including a difficult river crossing before a waterfall (where we had to build a make shift bridge-crossing from logs). At the bottom, we came out near the suspension bridges on the coast. Dassies were spotted hiding in the bushes along the way.

Lunch was at a beautiful scenic town called Plettenberg Bay, on the beachfront near Beacon Island. Nat and I shared a delicious seafood snack platter. Next, we took the truck up to Knysna Heads, for spectacular views of the coast and city.

If yesterdays dinner was good, this was better, a trendy deli restaurant called 34 Degrees South on the waterfront in Knysna. The whole area, was a very modern and pretty esplanade. We shared snails, a steak and ostrich fillet along with a delicious Leopards Leap Shiraz. Dessert was mousse and strudel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Jungle WalkJungle Walk
Jungle Walk

A nice hike for us at Tsitsikamma. From roadside, down hill, through the dense rainforest!
Perilous River CrossingPerilous River Crossing
Perilous River Crossing

Crossing a river using a make-shift-log-bridge
Dassie Found!Dassie Found!
Dassie Found!

Lovable little critters, also known as a Rock Hyrax. Love the sun. Can walk up 90degree cliff faces due to sticky feet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_hyrax
Now on to the Swing BridgesNow on to the Swing Bridges
Now on to the Swing Bridges

Another walk awaited us at the bottom, along the coast. Heres a random waterfall.
Nat at the Swing BridgesNat at the Swing Bridges
Nat at the Swing Bridges

Over Storm River Mouth in Tsitsikamma National Park


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb