T minus 3 days! Eeek!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Simon's Town
February 11th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Penguins in the RainPenguins in the RainPenguins in the Rain

I may have been cold and wet, but it was worth it to get this fantastic shot
Simon's Town, again, and more penguin pictures - what can i say!? My little trip to the beach town was a bust though, it rained! Man i have the worst luck with weather!

But i got lots of reading done which is a nice change... I read the childhood memoir of a coloured guy who lived in a township in the years before aparthied ended, and i'm almost finished the memoir Out of Africa by Karen Blixen. She writes about living in Kenya in the early 1900's and its really intresting to read her thoughts and experiences in East Africa and compare them to my own. Add those two books to Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela which i read a couple months ago and I'd say my knowledge of african literature is pretty well rounded!

Anyhoots, just thought i'd put up a quick post to remind you all how cute those penguins are :o)

Three days.... god, i'm both excited and disappointed to be leaving, what a weird mix of emotions!

Janine


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Simons TownSimons Town
Simons Town

The view from my hostel room
Boulders BeachBoulders Beach
Boulders Beach

I just cant resist taking pictures of hilarious signs - it's not everyday you see a sign like this one!
Boulders BeachBoulders Beach
Boulders Beach

Penguins!! It's hard to tell, but in this picture they are swimming/flopping out of the water in a wave onto the beach. It's pretty hilarious to watch as i'm sure you know they're not very nimble on land.


13th February 2007

Penguin photo
Great photo - the one with the rainbow and penguins!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb