cooler as ekke


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Plettenberg Bay
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So after some rough times- Cape Town was a good cheering up dosage- the beautiful mountains and green goliaths that tower over the city, beautiful itself- a mixture of old architetcture of blues and pinks- Cape Dutch- BO KAAP- fizzling into tall skyscrapers and streets filled with hipster coffee shops and over priced Urban Outfitter look a-likes... but wow is it fun!! Indeed, the Mother City lives up to all of its' stories- Cape Town has always treated me well and I do enjoy it. We both loved our views from the rooms, we loved strolling on the beach and picking up the sparkling, gorgeous shells- writing random sayings in the sand and taking photos of things that most people would probably roll there eyes at... standing so close to the towering World Cup stadium was great...

The wine tour in Stellenbosch was exquisite... just... breathtaking scenery and clear skies... 4 wonderful wine farms- tours of a cellar and the wine making process... 4 to 6 tastes at each farm- and these were quality wine farms! some of the best in the wine region.
I am not a huge wine person, but quality is quality- and these were. Serious.
Now made our way down to Plettenberg Bay, it has been raining all day so we were unable to make it to Lookout Point to check out dolphins and whales- maybe later?? Anyway, tomorrow we head to Monkey Land, which is nearby to work for awhile- not sure what we will be doing... but I am excited to be involved in one of the world's largest primate sanctuaries...

More later.. and hopefully photos later tonight..
Until then,
take care..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0786s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb