Wine Tasting


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Paarl
June 20th 2010
Published: June 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we went wine tasting. The wine was amazing and the company was great. The wine tour included entrance to 2 wineries with wines from 5 different wineries and transportation to and from the house. To start the morning we all piled into a nice "party bus" ready for our day of debauchery. When we arrived at the first winery our tour guide gave us some good tips about wine tasting and how to be a wine connissieur. His tutorial was pretty awesome and I learned a lot. At the first winery we were to try 6 wines and try multiple cheeses made from goat milk and cow milk. I ended up trying about 9 wines and learned that a sweet raisin wine tastes divine with bleu cheese!!! After the first winery we stopped by cheeetah outreach habitat, where I was able to see some cheetahs. We were also given the opportunity to pet the cheetahs, however it looked like they had drugged the cheetahs early that morning since the cheetah you would have gotten to pet was liying in a bed of straw and had not really moved for several minuutes. The day was very eventful although I feel there is not much detail I can go into on this blog. Basically we drank a lot of good wine, had some good cheese, got a free lunch that was delicious, saw cheetahs for the first time and then drank some more wine. We even bought bottles of wine for the bus rides and drank on the bus. When we came back home we did some more barbequeing and played party mochen and watched world cup games. During the drive I saw zebras, ostriches, buffalo, caribu, and other animals. I also saw a chameleon and was able to hold one too. Another awesome day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



20th June 2010

I really enjoyed your wine tasting post and photos! Especially of the cute cheetah, stretching! That raisin-tasting wine and blue cheese tip sounds yummy! My blog is looking for travel photos, reviews, stories, etc, to share. If you have the time, check it out at dirty-hippies.blogspot.com, or email me at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com. Continued fun on your travels! Heather
21st June 2010

Looks like a great time I would like to make it out there some time,
27th June 2010

i hope you took a picture next to the cheetah!!
28th June 2010

Now you have more stuff to add to you wine journal!
29th June 2010
Chameleon

eat it

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb