Back nearly the way we came


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Mossel Bay
May 19th 2010
Published: September 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was time for us to start going west again towards Cape Town, taking the N1 all the way, so next stop was Mossel Bay.

This was definitely a workaday town, albeit with another a lovely ocean location, lighthouse and bluffs and steep roads! Like the Garden Route equivalent of Southport (not so tacky as Blackpool) or Cleethorpes, it was pleasant but no great shakes. Our accommodation was backpacker cheap and cheerful, we enjoyed a good value lunch of fish and chips at the Point, the small strip developed by the lighthouse and coast, and returned later that evening for pizza. The day ended in a pub where for one of the few times in my life I was overseas watching a Manchester United football match where the majority of fans WEREN’T Man U fans; Bayern Munich what can I say?

We kept a studied silence while it seemed Man U were leading and if it was possible, sunk even more into silence as they got knocked out. I tried to sympathise with the other one but really it went against the fibre of that tiny part of me that purports to be a Liverpool fan. Besides, I couldn’t talk, my team don’t seem to know where Europe is anymore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb