We have arrived!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
February 13th 2011
Published: February 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The flight was Ok. No delays so we caught our connecting flight to George - no problem. Alan was there to pick us up, which after travelling for 24 hours was great. He and Patti showed us round their house, left us a car and pile of keys and off they went.

The house has the most fantastic views out over a valley, parkland and hills. Across the valley we can see the Simola golf course, which we have been told is expensive but maybe we can play it as a treat.

There is a huge outside living area, kind of like very posh decking, complete with dining table and three piece suite. We have already seen lots of birds (no idea of names yet, need to consult the book) and a group of Springbok across the valley, which we can see with the naked eye but very clearly with binoculars. Not a good place if you dont enjoy wildlife. Mike has this morning moved a Baboon Spider from the deck. They are harmless but large, about the size of a baby's hand! The garden has been planted by Patti and Alan when they built the house. It is about an acre and has been created to attract birds.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb