WHEN HARRY MET SALLY


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Knysna
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

WATCH GMTV TURSDAY MORNING TO SEE KNYSNA ELEPHANT PARK LIVE.

We spent most of today in the car driving to Knysna Elephant Park along the Garden Route. This is our stop over on the way to Port Elizabeth. The views were amazing. We have never seen such spectacular scenery. We first went over a mountainous area before driving along the coastal route. Everyone has said how wonderful the Garden Route is and they are not wrong.
We are staying for the night in the Elephant Lodge. Six guest bedrooms have been built within the elephant sleeping quarters. The unique Elephant Lounge forms the central relaxation area overlooking the elephant stables where the elephants sleep. I don’t know anywhere else in the world where you could experience this.
We went out with the handlers to meet the elephants. They are the most beautiful creatures. The first two elephants to be housed at the Park are called Harry and Sally, after the film. There are little ones of two or three years old. We were able to feed them and then walk back with them to their sleeping quarters where we are also staying.
In the late evening the handler invited us to bottle feed the baby elephant, Tattoo, with her formula. It was amazing, the elephants have such character and typical of all teenagers the young ones are so cheeky.
Tomorrow we get up at 6 o’clock and walk the elephants out again to the field. We then have breakfast and at 10.30 we will be having an elephant ride. Watch this space.......



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st June 2010

hmm
Me and Jay think you have copied and pasted half of this from the elephant park website! ??
22nd June 2010

saucy cow. Course I did

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb