Wednesday - Last Day


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Franschhoek
December 7th 2016
Published: December 9th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Up fairly early after good nights sleep - for me and V anyway. Sleep just so important at our age(lol). Did the hop on hop off wine tour. At first wine farm Fred and Chockey did some wine tasting which involved tasting five different wines. A black bucket(like an ice bucket) is provided so you can swirl the wine round your chops then use the bucket to spit out the surplus - suffice it to say the bucket wasn't used! The third stop was a wine farm called Leopards Leap and we decided to have lunch here- big mistake. This was the first bad meal we have had in three weeks - very disappointing. The building was ultra modern and just not in keeping with what you would expect from a wine farm. We continued the tour and changed from a bus to a wee old fashioned open train. We stopped at Le Provence which was 5 star and we should have had lunch there but we contended ourselves with a bottle of wine.

When we got back to Franschhoek we went for cool drink before returning to cottage. We decided to get take away from pizzareria up the road and finished off night with couple of glasses of vino before retiring.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb