October 30, 2010


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Franschhoek
November 1st 2010
Published: November 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

HikeHikeHike

Starting our first hike!
For those lucky enough not to know, sleeping on the ground is not conducive for a good night’s rest. But sleeping on the ground is unavoidable when you are camping, so I sucked it up. I wanted to pull my hair out in the morning. People were slow, slow, slow! We ended up starting the hike much later than we had hoped. The drive to our hike's starting point was intense. Four squished in the SMALL back seat + a bumpy dirt road + no four wheel drive = lots of bruises. The heat and my heavy backpack made the hike up the mountain difficult. Thank goodness e had a lot of breaks! Every once and a while I would look down. It was terrifying to see how high we were, but it felt good to see how far we had come. To get on the tippy top of the mountains we had to climb. That was the scariest part for me. There were no special grips and nothing but rocks under you.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

HikeHike
Hike

Haha we had a lot of fun making up crack jokes.
HikeHike
Hike

I was so scared I would not be able to pull myself up or that I would slip. Yikies that would have been bad
HikeHike
Hike

A neat little spot to lie down.
HikeHike
Hike

There were baboons on our trail. We also saw a yellow cobra. We stayed far away from those guys.
HikeHike
Hike

Wer'e following the leader, the leader, the leader, where ever he may go.
HikeHike
Hike

Walking through the cracks on our way down the mountain.
HikeHike
Hike

A hole in the crack. Hehe
HikeHike
Hike

Feeling good that I am done.


3rd November 2010

Speed on hikes
It is true that going up is slow but the hope is that your feet are always touching the ground so you do not come down too fast!
4th November 2010

Your blog
McKayla, your blog entries are sooooo cool. Thanks for sharing what you're doing there. Keep it up and have fun! Trish
5th November 2010

Two fun exercises
We were glad to hear from you Mckayla. And such fun things to hear about. Your entry into the field of drama? rock? disco? will probably need a little better definition. You spread yourselves pretty thin with three disciplines. Next time you know what to expect. Same thing is true for your hike. Sounds like a good time was had by all. You came out with flying colors, albethey black and blue. Sounds like you're getting lots of opportunities to learn more than the "book" stuff. Love, Mrs. C.
7th November 2010

Clothing
Please tell me you were wearing more cloths than the girl in the first photo. I thought it was you and almost fell out of my seat. That looked like a "Becky" experience. Pushing the envelope. LOVE YOU"
8th November 2010

backyeard
Howcome you can sleep in a tent in the wild but not the backyard? Love
8th November 2010

Backyard
When have I slept in a tent in the back yard? love

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb