Wildlife park


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape of Good Hope
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a beautiful day in Cape town.
We are woken by the sun pitching in our room each morning which make such a nice change from home. Today we rose late and had a massive breakfast in town before collecting our hire car. By 11.30am we were on teh road to Hout Bay. Beautiful beach. Unfortunately Chapmans pass was shut so we has a massive detour back to cape town virtually and then got lost in the Silvermines national park. Eventually we made it to our destination of Cape point national park. It was awesome. The lighthouse was a little crowded for my liking but once we found the small paths round the cliff it became much more enjoyable.
After spending a good few hours whale watching we headed for Boudlers beach and the famous penguins. On our way out we saw 2 ostriches, and an army of baboons right by the sea. It was so exciting.
After a little drive we made it to Boulders and enjoyed laughing at the strange little birds or a while. The weather was still warm well on to 6 pm at night.
We stopped off at Fish Hoek for some supper (supermarket) and headed back to our hostel. We have just polished off a huge sausage pasta thingy that we cooked ourselves and going to bed shortly. We are going to get up early so that we might try to go up table mountain. Its our last chance today!
Off to Stellenbosch after that.
Hugs
S&R

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb