In and around the Cape


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape of Good Hope
August 13th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we visited False Bay College which is and FET (Further Education and Training) College. FET Colleges were established to provide students with practical skills and training to prepare for the world of work. One program offered by the college is hospitality training which we witnessed first hand as we enjoyed a wonderful lunch prepared and served by the students as part of their program.

In the afternoon we toured the coast. Our stops included a visit to the penguins who were so cute and memorizing we could have watched them all day. We then visited Cape Point which is where the Atlantic and Indian Oceans meet. Given our time constraints, only a few of us made the mad dash to the top. We literally ran to the top in 10 minutes! But, the view was definitely worth it!

Our evening was spent at a reception hosted by the Public Affairs Officer from the U.S. Consulate. We had a great time meeting educators from in and around Cape Town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Cape of Good HopeCape of Good Hope
Cape of Good Hope

This is the lighthouse at the top of the Cape of Good Hope.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb