Cape Penisular


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape of Good Hope
October 19th 2007
Published: November 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Penguins ...Penguins ...Penguins ...

... shedding their feathers
Hiring a car for a second day we drive the Penisular. We drive up through Camps Bay and the Twelve Apostles, round to Houts Bay, sat on the beach for a while and Steve and Julie saw a Seal at the end of the Pier.

We were hoping to drive the very scenic and famous Chapmans Peak Drive, but it was closed, whilst part of the road was being repaired. We therefore crossed the Penisular, stopping briefly at Fish Hoek, where we had spotted more Whales frolicking in the water, closer this time.

Dropped in to see the Penguins at Boulders Beach, who were all ashore for their three week annual molt.

And then met some Baboons on the way to Table Mountain National Park.

Very quick whistle top tour of the National Park, we drove straight to Cape Point, had lunch and took the funicular railway the remainder of the journey. Incredibly windy day, we had to hold on to everything at the furthest point. Glad we went to the top though.

The Country was building up for the Rugby, with flags being sold on the street corners on our journey home, we asked them
Cape Point ...Cape Point ...Cape Point ...

... on a very windy day
instead for an England flag - strangely enough they weren't selling those - but it was all in good spirit! We still couldn't resist shouting "En.ga.land" as we sped off from the lights!!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0912s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb