Shark Cage Diving


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
March 20th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Shark Cage Diving

We made the plans to go shark cage diving the day after the red bus, that's why we bought the water proof camera. We were picked up real early that morning to go. It was about 6:00am. I slept all the way; 6:00am is too early for me! The organization gave an introduction and made sure every one was there, before we had breakfast. We then all jumped in the boat. Me and Dad sat on the side of the boat. When we took off we got sprayed by the water and the whipping wind. Dad put his camera in the cock pit so it didn't get wet from the spray and salt. When we finally stopped it felt like we had gone forever. The team dropped the cage in and started the cam line. It's what attracts the sharks and fish, plus the bait and dummy to make them active. The first trip went down as the great whites appeared on the spot. We had a great day for vision, we could see up to 2 meters around with the suns help and the sharks helped by showing up for a visit and frenzy. We got in on the third run. The dive master told us how it worked and then he would tell us when to go under and where the shark was or stingray. We got some really good shots and looks at the 3 and a half metre long female shark that hit the cage going for the bait. It then took off again, coming and going. There were many sharks, all great whites and all big. Our time was up so we got out and had some snacks and drinks, plus we warmed up in the sun. Then we could go back in the water again, which of course we did go in again. It was even better then the last, plus more stingrays and other fish or course SHARKS. Dad started shaking so even when I wasn't I got out too for Dad. Then a little later one of the sharks rammed against the cage right in front of the last two people. They looked so scared, but they were all right. They then came out, and since the bait ran out it was time to head back to the shop house. There, we got to see the movie made by the camera man and we got cookies too, so it was really good. There was coffee too, but I had none. Then we were taken home to the B&B. The end of our shark journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb