Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
March 20th 2014
Published: June 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Cape Town



We flew back to Johannesburg. The next day Arlene went back to Canada and we went to Cape Town a day after Arlene left. We didn't need to go through passport control since it's in the same country. We got there before lunch, so there was no need to eat lunch on the plane! once wee got there, we had someone pick us up at the airport and only had a small ride to the B&B near the waterfront. We went for a walk to the waterfront and grabbed a milk at 711, a different type then Canada. There were no slurpees, only soft drinks and food. It's also much bigger than what's at home. It's a 30 minute walk to the waterfront, a pretty nice one at that. We had lunch/supper at Ocean Basket, a seafood joint at the waterfront. Then we walked around the mall and picked up snacks and drinks for the days we were there. Another walk back on the way, we gave a girl who didn't have a home a box of crackers. We then continued home for the night. In the morning, we talked to the owners of the B&B. We were told to go on a tour to Cape Point and back while visiting other points and gardens, doing shark cage diving, and getting the hop on hop off red bus for a day. Aldo go to Robert's Island. That day we went on the red bus to the centre of town to buy a water proof camera and check out the city. We ran into a church that was having a fundraiser and selling coffee, lemonade and muffins. We got some drinks and muffins, then we went back to the bus to get going. We got lunch from Pic-nPay, then grabbed the bus to the mountain. To get up to the top we grabbed a gondola, which spun around and had massive windows, so you saw all around without taking a step. It only took about 5 minutes to the top, then we walked around the top. What a beautiful sight. I took so many photos of the scenery, there was a master mountain range and the town was beautiful from where we were standing. My camera has a built in panorama maker that's really easy to use. the path was great and there were a bunch of flowers that I've never seen before. Dad had a crazy picture taken by sitting on the rock on one of the edges. We must have been up there for 2 hours or more, but if we wanted to get home on the bus we had to go. Down gain, we took the bus to the waterfront for some more shopping and music. At 8:00pm, we had a sales lady wash our hands and get us to buy soap for my face, but 70 dollars was too much for us, and we could use other stuff that was the same for less money. We finally got away and went for supper at the restaurant suggested to us. The restaurant was really great. I had a pasta meal with seafood in it. The restaurant was called Mike's Bar and Grill. That night we tried to watch a Big Bang Theory, but it wouldn't load so we just went to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb