New Years in Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
September 26th 2012
Published: September 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On the 28thof December 2011, we departure from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town but stopped over at Prince Albert on the way. We stayed over there at a friend’s farm house for one night. The next morning they left with us to Cape Town. On our way to Cape Town we took the long road R1 and stopped over at “Ronnies sex shop”. This was a very interesting bar that had panties, bra’s and various other underwear hanging from the ceiling. The walls of the bar were covered with writing that visitors have written, was defiantly a worthwhile stop.

We then continued our way to Cape Town; arrive at our destination, Hotel on St Georges in Van Riebeek Street. On arriving at the hotel we were met by a very professional porter which took our bags and showed us our way to the front desk. We filled in one form and got given our room key, the porter organised for our car to be parked in for us and help us carry our luggage to our room. We were told that every time we needed our car we just needed to give the front desk a call 15 minutes before the time and they would arrange that the vehicle gets parked outside the entrance for us. We found this to be very professional.

The next morning “30th December 2011” we enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast at the hotel. We then made our way down to the waterfront where we did some shopping then went for a ride on the huge fares wheel which cost R80. At 12 pm we went on a bout cruise to Robben Island on a bout called “the ocean cruiser”. This was a truly amazing cruise as we got to hear all about Robben Island while enjoying tasteful cocktails. After the two hour cruise we were starving and decided to for lunch at the Ocean Basket at the waterfront enjoying the spectacular view. Later the evening we went out and experienced Cape Towns’ night life. We visited a few clubs and pubs in Long Street. The vibe in Cape Town and the people were just amazing, came across a lot of tourists as well.

On Saturday the 31st December 2011 after enjoying yet another delicious buffet breakfast we made our way to Camps Bay and went site seeing. Later that afternoon we went to visit Constantia Wine Farms where we enjoyed some wine tasting, followed by a tour of the beautiful vine yards and old buildings. We then had a late lunch at the restaurant at Constantia, we then made our way back to our hotel. That evening we went down to the Waterfront and had supper at Primi then made our way to the centre of the Waterfront for the 5FM New Year’s Bash! There were lots of cd give always and lucky draws, was definitively a night to remember.

Sunday 1st January 2012, we had an early breakfast then went to visit the last but definitely not least attraction on our list and that was Table Mountain. It was trly a memorable experience never realised how high it was and how breath taking the view was from the top of the mountain. After touring Table Mountain we drove back to PE.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb