South Africa - The Final Part


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
February 2nd 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello all

This is our final bulletin from the beautiful South Africa. Over the last week or so we have been doing the tourist thing around Cape Town itself. Firstly we drove down to Boulders Beach to visit the penguins, where we saw eggs, baby and toddler penguins all at the same time. We also went up the cable car on Table Mountain because it was far too hot too walk something that a couple we met at the top said was a wise decision. We also finally saw the World Cup football stadium from the top of the mountain. We have been to two fantastic restaurants - Moyo and Die Strandloper. Moyo was not really a restaurant, more an African dining experience where we ate at a table in the treetops trying all sorts. Die Strandloper was set on the sea front and we dined out on 10 courses of fish related food cooked on open brais (bbqs) whilst the sunset which was very nice, although the crayfish was overdone we believe (not that we know much about cooking crayfish). Finally we went to the Met (the south african equivalent of the grnad national) where we bet 100 rand in total and got 110 rand back thanks to a fourth place finish from Tales of Bravery in the main race itself. It is also worth mentioning our transportation to and from the met - a 1972 Chrysler cadellac type car in metallic blue - certainly a head turner!! Anyway thats all for now - we are sad to be leaving South Africa tomorrow but also excited about heading to China despite the cold!! We will update when we can from China.

Love to all

Charlie and Cassie xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb