Last Entry


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
February 28th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well fans..its come to an end. LOL. Anyways, it's been a great trip. Nichole and I are currentlt at CPT Airport catching a flight to Jo'Burg, then London, then LA. I'll be home in about 25 hours!!

Quick update. Yesterday as our last official day in CPT was a mixed bag. It was the rainest and coldest day we had. We tried to wake up early to make it to Robben Island -but we were hung over...lol.

BTW, we had fun on Sunday night. We actually didn't know where to go and ended up in Kamps Bay at some place called Le Mar -too bad it was all European tourists and Afrikaneers -meaning mostly disco-y house-y stuff. Let's just say we drank a lot. We then went back to Jo'Burg where we ran into our cabbie. LOL. After berating him, he apologized for taking us there and offered us a ride home.

Back to Monday, we did eventually make it to Robben Island -but much later then we intended. It was sooo interesting. I mean I knew it was going to be sad place, but the political prisoner who gave us a tour also recounted some interesting happy stories -at least as happy as you can be in jail. For example, he talked about how they would have a sort of Olympics annually and how the prisoners would take turns sharing the rations of fruit.

The premiere was also on Monday and it was phenomenal. Lance made the movie soooo good and Nichole and I got associate producer billing. It was our most well attended premiere and the kids loved it. It's my favorite movie ever and everyone has to watch it!!! It was sad saying good-bye though and the rain didn't help. But I hope to continue our relationship with these kids. There is already talk about coming back or perhaps doing a camp with them.

We went out again to Jo'Burg and Marvel -and in the middle of it all, there was a blackout! So the candles went on and people started sining -random. It was hilarious. Got home late -tried to pack in the dark. Somehow by 7:30 AM Nichole and I were still up and ready and we did last minute shopping.

That's it!! Did I convince anyone to go to South Africa now?? I'm thinking next January/February -for my birthday?? LOL.

Peace out Cape Town!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb