Table Mountain


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
February 9th 2006
Published: February 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello viewers,
welcome to the next installment of the "Nick and Sarah TravelBlog", weve been quite the tourists these last few days visiting the major things like Table Mountain and robben island, we did them on 2 seperate days though,weve got the time to take things easy! aswell as table mountain we did a hop on hop off kind of tour, which took us round the city which we both found intresting but an open top bus + us + 30 degree weather sure was exhausting! we hopped off at a place called the Castle, which was used by the dutch, but unfrotunatly didnt find it as intresting as we had hoped, but at the cost of a pound it was no great loss, the reason we got off was that the cable car wasnt running due to the wind/clouds, but we both thought it would clear up so decided to go to the cable car station anyway afterwards......which upon arrival was indeed closed!luckly after about 20mins it was opened,whilst at the bottom we had a walk and came across where that guy threw his cigarette into the grass and set the mountain alight about a month ago, the amount burnt down is HUGE (dont worry il put pics up once i get that cable, i promise - Nick)Lucky for us we were in the first cable car up the mountain which ment there was loads of wildlife around, including the rare dassie, which looks like a really big hamster. at the top we took a walk round and found ourselves actually inside a cloud!(Always wanted to touch a cloud!.....turns out there not soft and fluffy! - Sarah) the views from atop the mountain are incredible and should be on everyones 'must do' list. We had a bite to eat and then reluctently came down a few hours later!will give you guys the low-down on Robben Island soon, as weve only got 3 mins of internet time left!

check back soon guys
Nick & Sarah xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb