Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
December 5th 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First of all, I loaded a bunch of pictures. A BUNCH! Pretty much every entry since I started this overland trip. Enjoy...

Wednesday morning Sarah and I climbed Table Mountain. Everyone else is doing it at some point over the next few days but they're all taking the cable car up. Sarah and I (Team North America) are the only ones who actually wanted to climb it. It wasn't a hard hike, it was just ridiculously hot and humid! We had to take several breaks in the shade. I'm glad we did it though, it was gorgeous! The view from the top was amazing! We could see all of Cape Town and also down the coast the other direction where all the beaches are. Really good! We took the cable car down though because we ran out of time. We had to be back for High Tea! A bunch of us (Sarah, me, Toni, Holly, Chandy, Natasha, Lucy, Kwandy, and Tove) all went to Mount Nelson (fancy hotel) for high tea. It was delicious to put it simply. None of the cakes were spectacular, but there were amazing quiches, little sandwiches, scones, muffins, fruit, fudge, little pastries/cakes/amazing deliciousness. We ate way too much! It was fun to do something fancy like that after camping and traveling for weeks! And guess who was sitting a couple tables down from us? Rod Stewart, his wife and their son. No joke. Crazy! In the evening we went and saw James Bond for $1.50 at the movie theater. It was half price so it was extra cheap, but even full price, $3, is insanely cheap for a movie! We were slightly disappointed though; not the best Bond movie ever.

Thursday Lucy, Kwandy, Toni, Sarah, Natasha, Chandy, Randy and I went shark diving in Gansbaai with Great White Sharks! We were in a cage in the ocean and they swam literally within 3 feet of us! It was crazy! It was also cool to watch from the boat because we could actually see them partially jump out of the water to try to get the bait. We saw 3 total; one of them was massive! Really big teeth too, just like in all the movies. It was really cool! In the evening we had spectacular Thai food for dinner. Delicious!

Today (Friday) is a relaxing morning, loading pics, catching up on this. Then Holly and I are going down to the Waterfront and at 3 we're meeting some of the others to go to Robben Island! More later!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 17; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb