First few days


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
October 18th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Atop Table MountainAtop Table MountainAtop Table Mountain

You'll be seeing this hat alot.
Its the end of day 3 and it feels like much longer already. It was quite strange adjusting to my new life, but I think I'm getting there. This will be a short blog as I wasn't able to get on to the computer for a while and its too late to be creative...suffice to say, South Africa has proven very enjoyable so far. Today was a particular highlight with a trip down to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope - alot of wildlife (pictures hopefully attached - thank god no snakes yet). The setting of ocean, mountains, nature and sun is hard to beat, and the locals and fellow backpackers are friendly. Table Mountain yesterday provided spectacular views. The suntan is coming along nicely. All of this has helped me adjust quite well to the idea I won't be home for a while! A couple more nights in Cape Town follow, with a visit to Robben Island if I can (Nelson Mandela's home for 20 years) and then I'm off to Hermanus for a spot of whale watching. Its THE place for a whale to be seen apparently.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

African PenguinsAfrican Penguins
African Penguins

In Simon's Town, on the way to Cape Point.
Cape of Good HopeCape of Good Hope
Cape of Good Hope

Me and some other people
Cape of Good HopeCape of Good Hope
Cape of Good Hope

A rather good view at the Cape of Good Hope


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb