Recovering from Jet Lag in Cape Town


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
February 3rd 2008
Published: February 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was a quiet day, slowly recovering from Jetlag. Wasn't quite so bad as yesterday. Woke up around 9:30 after a decent sleep. Slow at getting going, but finally we headed down for breakfast around 11:00am. Had a great meal inside as it has been a showery day. A break in weather and we went for a walk down Kloof street. Saw some neat old buildings. Getting a better sense of the traffic, hard to get used to looking in a different direction before crossing the road (they drive on the left down here). Back to the hotel and spent a quiet day hanging out and strategizing over upcoming meetings and events. Had a real hard time around 1, wanted to have a nap but managed to stay awake. So, have been up all day and now, ready for bed (9:15pm local time).

Dinner was a bit earlier, around 6:15. Shared a chorizo, tomato and feta pizza, which was excellent. The pizza is very thin crust, and wood fired. Came back to the room, replied to a couple of e-mails, then tried to figure out how to upload pictures onto the hotel's computer, which I can't seem to do, so sorry, no pictures today. I have only taken a couple, so nothing significant you are not seeing. Tomorrow, we head to the waterfront for a couple of meetings, as well as register for the conference, so hopefully will have some for you to see (and hope I can figure it out). With luck, the weather will be nicer tomorrow.

Take care!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb