African adventure, Blog 1!


Advertisement
South Africa's flag
Africa » South Africa » Western Cape » Cape Town
January 24th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello


Well i Said that i'd do a blog on this trip so, i'll start hopefully as it will carry on, but. no promises! So i got to cape town after about 24 hours travelling since i left a pretty rainey diss station, Got to heathrow and got checked in via the business class check in and I was hoping that meant i got a buisiness class seat, This wasn't to be, however i did have an emergency exit seat so it was all good. 11 hours is a long time to be sitting on a plane, and SAA's inflight entertainment isn't the best, was film on a b ig screen, although the screen wasn't big at all, infact it was a pretty small TV, Hey i paid to fly not to watch films. Arived in jo'burg and It was raining and basically the same weather as in England when i left, maybe a few degrees warmer. Got through immigration very easily, i'd left my detasils of the flight to zambia in my bag so i was a little worried that they;d ask for that and i'd not have it which could have delayed things and seeing as i didn;t have heaps of time before my flight to Cape town, I didn't want any delays. Ne who, Cape town was good, hot and I sat around and played cards with some English peeps, and drank afew beers and all was good. Wed was cloudy, went to district 6 museam, district 6 was (if i'm correct and i maywell not be as my knowledge isn't that great) a mostly coloured ares of cape town which in 1960's was delcared a white only areas and people were arrested for living in their homes, when the area was cleared it was all demolished and new buildings built, it was pretty crazy to think that some of it happened in my life time. then walked thru the town to the waterfront which has bars, and shops and stuff its a nice area, then dossed about rest of the afternoon before going out for a meal with some crazy people it was a lot of fun, thurs was Table mountain, it was a very good day, no clouds about and views for a long way. i'll try get some pics up here soon. Ne who, 2mo is cape point tour so hopefully that'll be cool.

Enjoy

Rich

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb